site updated December 2012
A sudden change in health--or a slow accumulation of problems--creates pressures and strains of all kinds.
Just dealing with treatment decisions can be exhausting, let alone the financial pressures, emotional upset, family and work concerns, and spiritual questions that are common when health and life are threatened.
When you are facing these issues for yourself or a loved one, you need help . . .
I know. I've been there: as a hospice volunteer, end-of-life professional, daughter of dying parents, and cancer survivor. I've put my experience, knowledge, and passion to work for you in The Iris Project.
The Iris Project offers expert, compassionate, and complete consultations and education for the public and healthcare/human service professionals on
- advance care planning and advance directives
- approaches to care at the end of life
- hospice & palliative care
- caregiving for the seriously ill & dying
- grief and bereavement support
- coping strategies and resources
- healthcare ethics and medical decision making
For currently scheduled or customized programs, see Programs and Classes
For related events sponsored by other organizations and updates on important news, see News and Events